Friday, November 10, 2017

A Dangerous Legacy


A Dangerous Legacy is written by Elizabeth Camden, a writer who has a love of history and the many interesting fascists that have developed over the years.

The attraction between Lucy Drake- a telegrapher for the American-owned AP news agency- and Sir Colin Beckwith- director of the British-owned Reuters news agency- was undeniable. He is drawn to Lucy's intellect and she is drawn to Colin's love of research and fierce desire to find answers.

Lucy and her brother Nick, have fought a long drawn out legal battle. They remain paupers as their shifty uncle reaps all the benefits and financial rewards from their fathers invention. But the romance that develops between Lucy and Colin is based on honesty and trust. Colin needing to find financing for his estate in England and Lucy needing help in uncovering the wicked ways of her uncle. Lucy finds that Colin's connections could be what her family needs to help solve their long legal battle. She negotiates an unlikely alliance with him, but what starts as a friendship develops into a tender love story.
 
What I love about all of Camden's books are the interesting historical facts. This story is set in the early 1900's in New York City, as it was becoming the hub of industry. The AP  and Reuters news agencies were the information hotline to world events. 

As always Elizabeth Camden's novels are refreshing and clean stories. I found this to be a delightful read, full of wit, romance, heartbreak, and family loyalty. Ms. Camden has a beautiful way of weaving words to bring the scenes to life. I totally enjoyed this book. 
 
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

2 comments:

sew.darn.quilt said...

I'm always on the look out for great reads, I'll have to see what my library has from this author. Thank you for sharing.

Barb said...

I love historical fiction...will have to look into getting this on my kindle.