Thursday, July 6, 2017

Has it been a year already?

Last year I signed up with Val's Quilting Studio for a Piggy Bank Savings Challenge.

Click the picture to read more!

Hard to believe but a year has flown by and it's time to count our savings.

So I dumped out the box which held my collection ...

... and counted out the bills and change for a total of...

$68.24!

I think that was pretty good, even though I didn't always remember to do it.

What am I going to use the money for?

I'm not totally sure, but in a few weeks, my hubby and I will be celebrating our anniversary, and he always takes me to a quilt shop wherever we go.

Sounds like a plan :-)

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Jocelyn...CONGRATS! I like your idea....always fun to go to quilt shop with some "mad" money. ENJOY!! Anddd Happy Anniversary!

Nann said...

Congratulations on sticking with the PB Challenge for the year!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have a piggy bank in my sewing desk. I tend to add small bills instead of many coins. Not sure how much I have in there, but, I'm sure a machine will come along one day, that costs more than I usually pay, and I'll use that money towards it.

Katie said...

congrats -- that'll be a nice purchase at the fabric shop

Renee said...

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful anniversary and enjoy your quilt store shopping spree.

priscilla said...

Great way to save! Think I'm in too!! Thanks for the inspiration.

margaret said...

have a good spend, afraid I only got about £13 in my pot, I put 1,2,5,and 10pence pieces in buy tend to shop with a debit card these days.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh how fun - it's like "found" money! That's a good way to celebrate your anniversary, congrats!

Shauna said...

Great job, I use a very similar box for my savings.

sunny said...

Have fun with your savings! I didn't sign up last year, but I'm all ready for this year.