Monday, April 3, 2017

Emergency Kit

Whenever you travel, it's always good to have an emergency kit along. Even for sewing!

Don't you just love the pretty red and white fabrics??

This cute little pouch makes a great portable case for the essentials. As it turned out, I was glad I brought it along on our last trip.

Remember the cute little pink quilts I made? We were going to deliver them to friends as we traveled. On closer examination, I discovered that not all the fabric was caught under the decorative stitching of the binding. The emergency kit to the rescue.
I ended up hand stitching all the way around the binding, just to make sure the fabric was inside and not peeking out.

There is plenty of room inside the pouch for a small cutting board and two acrylic rulers.

A small skein of thread fits right inside the smallest rotary cutter.

Needles, pins and a wooden presser complete the emergency kit.

All packed and ready to go :-) Perfect for any emergency!

4 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That's cool. I could use that, for sure, with all the traveling I do (with and without a machine). I've had to borrow cutting mats, and buy new rotary cutters, and borrow my FIL's T-square to cut straight lines, while traveling. Something like this would have saved me a lot of $$ and time scrounging up stuff. What is the pattern?

Barbara said...

Oh I love this idea. Great for sewing on the road.

margaret said...

pretty and practical is t your own design?

Heather said...

very nice and handy. would be a great idea for a gift.