Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A Note Yet Unsung



As I was recovering from the nasty flu virus, I found that I was able to read. A lot! One of the books that captured me was "A Note Yet Unsung."

I have a list of authors that I favor. Some write contemporary novels, other historical fiction. Tamera Alexander is top among historical fiction in my book. Ever since reading her debut book "Rekindled" I have read every one of her books and been a huge fan.

"A Note Yet Unsung" is yet another story surrounding the Belmont Mansion series. The characters and depth of this story truly draw you into how things were back in the 1800's. Where a woman was to stay in her place no matter what her goals and talents were.

I found this story compelling by the struggles each of the main characters faced. Physically, emotionally and socially.  I really had a hard time putting this book down. If you have not read any of Tamera Alexander's books, I would recommend any she has written. Ms. Alexander has a way of expressing the thoughts and hearts of her characters that makes you envision the scenes like a movie.

One thing I find interesting is the setting of the Belmont Mansion series was an actual place in Nashville, as was her owner Adelicia Cheatham. I believe it is now a University and is open for tours whenever you are in the Nashville area. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. The opinions of this review are my own.


1 comments:

claudia said...

I will have to add her to my list of "have to reads". I like historical novels. Thanks for the review!