Friday, September 30, 2016

Smokin' table topper

I have been on a mission! Finding UFO's and finishing as many as I can before the end of the year!

This table topper was featured on the front page of American Patchwork and Quilts several years ago.
 
There was an applique pitchfork on the original pattern. But I figured if I was ever going to get this done, I just needed to quilt it.

The unfinished top appeared to pucker where the borders attached to the quilt, so I was a little concerned on how it would quilt out. I started at the seam line where the border attached and just quilted across to the other side, walked to the next line and sewed back towards where I started. Back and forth I went until I had covered the whole top. Amazingly the quilting went very well. For the border I just traveled the large triangles all the way around. It was easier than I feared.

So are you working down your UFO pile?

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have LOTS of UFO's, but, I keep adding to the list, not getting rid of many. I did finish 3 quilts in the past month, that have been on my UFO list for 2+ years.

Allie-oops Designs said...

How pretty!!! And good for you on getting your UFO's done....don't think I'll be finishing any very soon, lol~! I've already put my sewing machine away, as mum will be recuperating from surgery in my sewing room.

Lady Locust said...

If you can't find any more ufos at your house, come on over to mine. Bet I could help ya out 😉

Allison said...

Thank you for sharing your UFO finish - it looks very warm and homey. Do you have a table in mind? I was supposed to be working my through UFOs this year but somehow I've created more than I've finished!

andsewon said...

Good for you getting those UFOs done!! Pretty Fall table topper!

Vic in NH said...

Nice looking quilt and I like the rich accents of the greens in the earth tones.

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

How lovely to pick up something once abandoned and finally finish it - it looks beautiful and as I can't imaging an appliqué pitchfork on top i think it looks perfect without!

margaret said...

anothe good finish and you can now tick it off the UFO list I think we all have many projects in various stages of making

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

We have the same year-end Goal - finish those UFOs! Your quilt is beautiful.

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Lovely colors.