Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Recycle

Isn't it sad to see many once very loved items that have been discarded? My daughter and I feel that it is our "green" duty to recycle and reuse.

My daughter found this beautiful set of pillowcases, perfectly embroidered and in very good condition.

I found this cute little dishcloth with the duck embroidery. Love those days of the week!

A sweet apron with white rick rack! I love the blue fabric. Someone made lots of apple pies and cakes wearing this apron.

My daughter also scooped up this wonderful old quilt. I have been trying to date the fabrics, and I think it would be 30's or 40's. The colors are so soft and each block is different. Lovely find.

Doesn't this vintage stitched dish cloth look perfect?

And this sweet old quilt.
When you least expect it, there is a treasure to be found.


What a prize.

The 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge

4 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

What gorgeous finds! I only find that quality in antique shops around here, and most often not even there. They are true treasures, and lucky to be in the hands of people who will appreciate them.

Connie said...

Beautiful finds . . . I love vintage fabric finds and old quilts are the softest. These will be lovely items to add even more warmth and coziness to your home. I want to shop with you.
Connie :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love to rescue vintage linens and such at the thrift stores. Cute finds!

margaret said...

lovely finds you have shared today. It is sad when things end up in a charity shop when a family member passes away or moves into a nursing home but at least you have given these pieces a home