Monday, August 31, 2015

A box of excitment

A box arrived at my doorstep. I had not ordered anything lately but when I saw the return address I knew what it contained.

The box jumped when I touched it. It gave out a little moan and then what sounded like a muffled shout.

Carefully I took my letter opener and slit the tape. The sounds and rumble that were coming from inside gave me pause. Did I dare open this while alone? I felt the pulse of the flaps on the box as the tape gave way.

And then...

an explosion of color burst forth from the box!

YES! It was the latest fabric shipment from Island Batik! The Fall/Winter 2015 line.

I can't wait to get started.
 
Be sure to stop by Beaquilter's blog for the Summer in the Country Blog Hop.  I can't tell you how much fun it has been to visit the other Ambassadors and see their beautiful creations. You won't be disappointed.

Happy Quilting!


4 comments:

margaret said...

lucky you to have all those batiks am envious

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Wow, what fabulous presentation! And all the batiks inside are spectacular, too.

Allie-oops Designs said...

That is just the happiest mail ever!!!!

Oliva Ohlson said...

That box of color would absolutely make my day!!! Enjoy!!!