Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Mobile Cottage

Things have been quiet on the quilting front around here.  Between Graduations and weddings, my sweet hubby and I also bought a travel trailer.  Yep, the Happy Cottage is about to become mobile.

We traveled all the way to the great state of Texas to pick up our new (to us) second home.


It was a long trip, but was well worth it.  Because this is what followed us home.






She's not new, but has been very well cared for.  We did a bit of cleaning yesterday, so I took a few pictures.

The entry and living area.


Kitchen and dinette.


Nice full bathroom.


Bedroom is in the rear with a very large closet behind the mirrored door on the left.

We've never had a travel trailer before, so this will be a new adventure for us.  I've been trying to decide how to add color into the beige background.  I'm sure there will be a quilt in the making!

Happy Quilting.

20 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

My sister would be drooling over this post as she wants an Airstream in the worst way. ;-) Can't wait to see the quilt you make for your travel trailer.

Terry said...

It looks like a great trailer! Have fun! :0)

gailss said...

That is one sweet travel home! Bet you can't wait to get onto the road for a trip. Congrats and happy trails!

imquilternity said...

Congratulations! It looks like many wonderful adventures are in your future. Can't wait to see what you do to make this great Airstream your own.

Tina said...

Ooohhhh! I love it!! I've been bugging my hubby to get one of these, or something (anything!), that we can travel in, but he's not too interested. I'm drooling over yours!! Congratulations and wishing you many wonderful, wonderful days traveling in this beauty!!!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

it's a grand adventure! love the trailer, and i look forward to seeing where your travels will take you both! enJOY!!! xo

Val's Quilting Studio said...

You'll love it!!! And anything goes with beige...so that will be fun too! Enjoy!!!

Ivory Spring said...

Oh Jocelyn,

You will have SO MUCH fun!!! Will you have a sewing machine in your trailer?!

sunny said...

I colorful quilt will be a great addition. Where is the sewing room??

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm looking forward to reading about your new adventure!

QuiltSue said...

It looks like there are going to be lots of exciting journeys in your future. What fun.

margaret said...

what lovely trips you are going to have in this beauty, look forward to reading about them and photos too of course

Brenda said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I wish I could do this. You two have loads of fun!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

You will love it!!

Someday I hope we can get another camper for my hubby and I to travel in. =)

Adventurous Quilter said...

That looks like fun! I am jealous airstreams are awesome :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great trailer. Cool that you got it from my home state.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

That sure looks like lots of fun!
Smiles,
Kelly

Barb said...

YOu should have stopped by here, love your new home!

Denise :) said...

I'm trying to catch up with my blog reading . . . the more grandbabies my children have, the more I'm put to good use! LOL! Y'all are going to have such wonderful times! Your silver stream is a beaut! I can't wait to see how you "cozy" it up and to hear about your first trip!!! :)

ytsmom said...

You also need to figure out where the sewing machine and quilting supplies will go!!