Thursday, May 1, 2014

Seasonal fabrics

I've been out of the blogging loop for a little while.  With family obligations, I've not had a lot of time to be quilty creative  :-)  Hopefully things will slow down soon.

However, being a happy Ambassador for Island Batiks, I have had the privilege to preview some of the upcoming fabrics that will hit the Spring Market.


The first line is Fruit Punch.  The detail that goes into these batiks is so awesome.


The second line is called Uncle Sam's Soda.  Just in time for a Fourth of July quilt.

These fabrics will be introduced at the Quilt Market and will be available at your local quilt shops in late summer. Did you know that the fabrics for Island Batik are designed by Kathy Engle, along with additional fabric artists and designers?  Every yard of fabric is created using a wax resist method, a process of using wax and dye, to create patterns and give the fabric outstanding depth and range of color.  This is handmade in Bali, Indonesia by skilled artisans.  

I already have big plans for these gorgeous fabrics.

I hope everyone is staying well and enjoying a little bit of Spring in the US.  

Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What gorgeous fabrics! I can't wait to see what you plan to make with them.

Mary said...

These are gorgeous. I love the bright colors.

margaret said...

how I love batiks, bought some last week just had to have them!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I will be watching for the fruit punch line to hit the market!! LOVE IT!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

and i agree! the detail and color has always wooed me in a big way! they are beautiful and inviting, and i love the patriotic colorways, too. thanks for the "showcase!"

Barb said...

Such lovely fabrics....so glad you showed them to us...congrats on being an ambassador.

2ne said...

Love the batiks - nice colours :-)

SewCalGal said...

Yummy fabrics. I look forward to seeing what you create with them. I'm sure your projects will be beautiful.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

I can't wait to see what you do with them. They are beautiful. And, I can't wait till they are available. I'm thinking Quilt of Valor for Uncle Sam's Soda.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful colors, I love Island Batiks too! Can't wait to see what you create.

Roslyn said...

It is hard to resist those batiks, when can we expect them in the stores?
Roslyn