Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Quilt Relief

Do you have a flimsy or a completed quilt that you could donate??  There is a corporate effort going on to send bed sized quilts to those who have lost everything during Hurricane Sandy.

eQuilter and Mission of Love have started a Quilt Relief program and are hoping to gather 5000 quilts to be distributed to the victims of this devastating storm.  You can find out all the information at eQuilter.com 

Victoria Findlay Wolfe is also involved in donating quilts.  You can read about it on The Moda Cutting Table blog.

Won't you take the time to pack up a quilt and send it?

Thanks!

**** Update ****
I just read on the AQS website that Project Linus is also receiving quilts.  More info can be found at the American Quilters Society site.

5 comments:

Joanne Lendaro said...

Our guild is attempting to pull together a sewing day for the eQuilter Hurricane Sandy cause.

Pam said...

I have a baby girl flimsy that I can send if it is any help, I will include enough material for the back but do not have any wadding. Just email me the address if you would like them.

Kindred Quilts said...

Thanks for the link to this worthy cause. Whatever we can do to help...

Cottage Rose said...

What a wonderful way to help,, I have a queen sized long cabin quilt top, but it is not quilted yet, would that work? or should it be quilted before it can be sent....

Hugs;
Alaura

Cathy Perlmutter said...

Hi there! You have a lovely blog. I found a couple more Hurricane Sandy relief quilt sites, which I've posted on my blog, at http://gefiltequilt.blogspot.com/2012/11/sew-something-helpful-hurricane-relief.html. You're welcome to use the information! Thanks for all you do!