Friday, July 6, 2012

Out and about

Last week I spent a few days visiting around the Nashville area. The heat was unbelievable!! But we made the best of it and found a few fun places to visit.

This quilt shop was in an old home. I loved some of the old antiques displayed around the shop.

They had lots of fabric and sewing machines on display.

We were on our way to find a place to eat, when we turned down a side street and came upon this ----

If you are familiar with Rebecca of A Gathering of Thoughts then you will recognize this as her sister's new shop. It wasn't open yet, but we could not resist peeking inside the window. It looks so beautiful. The next time we are in the area we will be sure to stop in.

************************
Some of you may have heard about the events of July 4th when several people were electrocuted while swimming. Two children were swimming when some kind of power shorted off of a houseboat and the children were electrocuted. One child died at the scene, the other was revived and air lifted to Knoxville Children's Hospital.

Here is a link of the news broadcast when the accident happened.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/225567/2/Update-One-dead-in-electrocution-other-child-revived


We learned last evening that the second child, the 11 year old, did not make it and is now with Jesus. This little boy is the grandson of long time friends of ours.

Please pray for our friends, their son and daughter in law and the surviving children. One of their other children was in the water at the same time and she sustained some injuries but has been released from the hospital.

Thank you for lifting this family up in prayer during this incredibly difficult time.

12 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so sorry for their loss~I can honestly say, losing a child is devastating and my heart and thoughts go out to your family.
I was born in Memphis and I have a brother that went to school at Vanderbilt in Nashville, but I haven't been there in years. It's definitely on my list of places to visit again. Love, XOXO

ytsmom said...

This was such a horrible thing to happen on such a happy day. I pray for your friends and their family.

Denise :) said...

Oh Jocelyn, this is such sad, sad news. My heart aches for these families. Know they are in my prayers.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

My heart hurts for your friend's family. I know their heart all too well. May Jesus comfort them and hold their dear grandson in his arms.

God Bless...

Becky

Linda said...

My prayers go out to you and your friends...losong a child is a heavy burden. Take care.

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Lifting prayers for this family up; hadn't heard anything about this tragedy. I was about to on this quilt store and the lovely antiques, but now my thoughts are on your friends.
Hugs, Noreen

Tangos Treasures said...

Sending Prayers!!

Becky said...

Oh how tragic. Thoughts and much prayer for your friends and their family. Take care!

Denise in PA said...

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I will keep your friends and their family in my prayers.

Khris said...

My heart breaks for the loss of your friends child...knowing only to well how that feels and that the pain never goes away....my thoughts are with them....I am just doing my itinerary for our next trip to the States at the end of the year and was actually trying to put Nashville and around that area in...I hope I get there and can check out these cute shops...hugs Khris

barbara woods said...

heard on channel 3 last night that the other boy had died to so tragic

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I am so sorry to hear this sad news. My family will keep your friends and their family in my prayers. I know this is a difficult time for the family's so sorry.
XXOO Diane