Friday, July 1, 2011

Sew & Tell

You might be getting tired of seeing this quilt, but I just love the colors.

So here it is, all finished, for Sew & Tell.


This is actually the first time I have pieced the back and it came out straight :-) I learned a little trick from another blog. I would always make my sandwich layers - bottom, batting, and top, and then baste. I read somewhere (and I'm sorry I can't remember where) to first spray baste your batting and your top, then find the center of your bottom piece and lay the basted pieces on top. It's best if you can pin the bottom to the rug or tape it down to the floor, whichever works best. My daughter was very happy with the quilt, and it was 99% finished when she arrived from SE Asia. Only a little bit of the binding was left to sew down.

Be sure to visit Amy over at Sew & Tell Fridays.

21 comments:

regan said...

I love that beautiful paisley fabric....and the pin dots! Sweet!

Kelly Irene said...

What a great way to welcome your daughter back home! Even the back looks wonderful :)

andsewon said...

So very pretty!!!!

Larri said...

Paisley (aka Persian Pickle ☺) is my all-time favorite fabric print. Love your quilt. Bet your daughter loves cuddling up in it too.

Visiting from Sew & Tell. Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday! ☺

Linda said...

I never get tired of seeing quilts! It turned out so pretty!!

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful quilt. Really looks so very cozy. Great photo layout too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I find the middle of my backing and mark it with safety pins. I then line up the top, using safety pins to mark the middle. When the safety pins line up, I have a centered back. Woohoo! Basting with spray doesn't work well for hand quilting. It makes it harder for the needle to go thru.

p.s.phyllis sews said...

I have those text blocks, too! Love how you put them in a quilt and the colors are lovely. Your daughter will love it forever!

trish said...

Oh it is so pretty! :o)
Certainly not tired of seeing it!!

Day before Michelle said...

Very pretty, those colors are beautiful together!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Yippee for your finish. It looks wonderful!

SueWis said...

Love the color combination! Very pretty. :)

Rosa said...

It looks beautiful and love your color choice,great.
Not tired of seeing it.

Sandra Henderson said...

What a beautiful quilt and great photos of it. I've enjoyed catching up on your blog today. That reader light gadget looks like a real find!~LOVE IT!~

Mary said...

Love the quilt. The colors look so fresh.Great job.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about showing a quilt one more time...remember my Eleanor Burns quilt? I am so glad to have that finished I tell you.
I don't work with blues often, but this quilt makes me rethink blue!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Wonderful! Love your pieced back!

Allie said...

I love it! Great design and colors - beautiful!

Sparky said...

Nope not tired at all...I love the periwinkle fabric...it is a small quilt? Hard to tell..can you wrap yourself up in it...I would x

Crispy said...

It is such a pretty quilt Jocelyn :0) Your daughter will alway cherish it.

Crispy

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a special daughter quilt Jocelyn!