Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Need a quick gift idea??




There are so many wonderful tutorials out there in blog land. If you have one that you enjoy, I'd love to hear about it.

But for today, grab your cuppa of coffee or hot tea and visit these interesting and informative blogs.

As always we love to read Karen's very creative Tool Time Tuesday. And today is no exception. Check out her repurposed gift tags. I just might have to get one of those big round punches.

A while back Sew Prim Khris did a very cute tutorial on making a Needlecase. What a great gift idea for a hand quilter.

This is one of my all time favorite Travel-sized Tissue Cozy patterns. Last year I made a ton of these. Kim shared her easy tutorial on "an oft traveled road".

This pattern has been around a while, but the Pink Penguin shared her tutorial for a sweet Fabric Basket.

I have all the fabric ready and waiting for this pattern by Tea Rose Home. It is a Modern Square Garden quilt.

Who couldn't use another purse in your choice of color. Bola Chica offered a tutorial on a very cute Pleated Purse. You could certainly make one for every outfit. And who wouldn't love and use this adorable Friendship bag courtesy of "p.s. I Quilt"?

Have you got a little buddy to make a gift for? How about this TOO cute Softie doll from "60piggies".

And for all my tea loving friends, a Tea Wallet Tutorial (Is It Naptime Yet?). Perfect to stick in someone's stocking this year.

Sigh...... zippers............. Noodlehead shares a tutorial on a sweet Lil Cutie Pouch. Make them by the dozens. For teachers and friends. And add a Notebook Cover from "My Patchwork".

And here is a library of Free Quilting Patterns and Projects from the Quilting Gallery. All in one quick place.

I've got dozens and dozens of these tutorials bookmarked on my computer. But my purpose today was to give you one post that you can bookmark and go back to visit whenever you need a quick little gift.

Go forth and SEW :-)


15 comments:

Cyndi said...

Thanks for all the great tutorials, Jocelyn. I've seen some of them before but there are a lot of new-to-me ones, too. And thanks especially for the "quilty" ones...there are a lot of patterns for the beginner (i.e., me!) that I plan to try after the holidays!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Cheryl said...

How great to have all these wonderful tutorials listed in one spot!! Thanks so much.

Allie said...

Thanks for all the great links - I have a special folder in my favorites just for tutorials, lol!

Heather said...

Thanks for the ideas. I'm going home to try the needle case!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Do you think I still have time to make a few of ALL of them? Kidding. But there are some cute ones I haven't see that I need to make. Thanks Jocelyn.

SewCalGal said...

Thanks Joceyln. Great tips for fun tutorials.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Khris said...

Thanks for linking to me...hugs Khris

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Great bunch of links - thanks! I'm going to get busy on some of those travel size tissue holders!

C said...

So much inspiration! So little time!

Anonymous said...

Interesting, will try and visit these.

I want to tell you how I appreciate you visiting LazyonLoblolly and your comment is so appreciated.

Merry Christmas
-Jo
-LazyonLoblolly

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Awesome! Thanks for the great links!!

Sewn With Grace said...

Thank you for all the great ideas. I'm already printing one out. Have a great day!

Cindy said...

Thank you so much for taking the time, Jocelyn, to share these wonderful links.

sunny said...

Thanks for sharing all these great ideas! Can't wait to try a few.

Carrie P. said...

fun ideas. that needlecase is really cute.