Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In Friendship!

Did you know that quilters are special?? Why of course you did! After all most of you are quilters or lovers of quilts.

But there are some quilters that are extra special! They have a way of encouraging and lifting you up when you are down (or on a detour).

So when I received a little package in the mail, and I looked at the return address, I knew it was from a very special lady.

I received this beautiful scissor fob from Darlene of Quilting Daze. She's been a special blogging friend for a long time, and I've enjoyed seeing all of her beautiful quilts on her blog. She's been sending some quilting love around blog land, and I was so excited to be one of her recipients.

Thank you Darlene!

Now just in case you did not notice, Blogger has been posting a notice that Image uploads will be disabled for two hours at 5:00 PM TODAY!!! So get those posts in before they turn it off. Hopefully everything will be resolved for those who were having trouble posting pictures.

And Happy Quilting :-)

14 comments:

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Wow - you are a wonderful quilter. I have several from family members and just love the history behind the fabric. The colors of the fabrics on your blog header are gorgeous. Linda

Shelley said...

That quilt from yesterday is totally awesome. Hurry and finish it..I would love to see if with the borders on!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for heads up...not that I planned to post or anything but good to know. Darlene is the sweetest and well deserved for you!

Barb said...

Blogging friends are just awesome...glad you got some cheer in the mail!

Darlene said...

I'm glad you like your treat - just a little thank you from my heart to your hands!

Days and colors said...

A very lovely gift! Quilters are so thoughtful.

Loris said...

Sweet gift from a creative friend!

Allie said...

Aw, how sweet - Darlene is a dear! I do hope blogger gets it resolved - I haven't had any trouble but I know lots of folks have.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

That was so sweet of Darlene! I agree, she is a very special quilter. Have a happy day!

Crunchy Diva said...

you are right quilters are very special lovely people. that's such a pretty fob enjoy using it.

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love the little silver heart charm on the end. So pretty with the blue beads!
Yes, I imagine that if Martha has featured the pie birds in her magazine, the price will be going up. Wish she had waited 'til I had collected all I wanted first!

QuiltSue said...

That's lovely. What a great thought. I'm sure you're going to enjoy using it.

Crispy said...

What a sweet gift!!

Crispy

Anonymous said...

This is one of the thing in blog land: making new friend that shared what you're enjoy doing..