Friday, April 30, 2010

Quilting Comfort


Not much sewing getting done this month. I was able to make my April BOM. I get more and more excited about this Designer Mystery BOM every time I make a block.

I would like to ask a big favor of my readers. Would you help a friend of mine?? You see my BFF has a daughter that has been fighting a very aggressive cancer. My BFF made her daughter a beautiful quilt while she was in Alaska caring for her grandchildren. Her daughter has written a story about her mom in a little contest. And she needs votes. Can you take a minute and vote for Carlee's story at www.thymes.com . There is a $300 prize that Carlee would like to give her Mom. Her story is listed under Quilting Comfort by Alaska Mommy. Thanks so much for taking just a few minutes to help my friend win a much deserved prize.

**** I think I have fixed the link. Thank you so much!

20 comments:

arlette said...

The link of the contest isn't working!

Cheryl said...

I was just going to post the same thing!! I with you on the Designer BOM...love it!

Allie said...

Love your block - I voted, had to copy and paste the link but it worked. And I'm praying.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I was happy to vote for her.

Anonymous said...

Lovely block...now will go see that link to help

Crispy said...

A lovely block Jocelyn. I'll see if I can get to the site to vote.

Crispy

Thelma said...

I'm with you on the not getting much sewing done this month.

I voted, happy to help, let us know if she wins!

andsewon said...

Pretty block..!!
I voted for her. It is a wonderful Mother's story.
Hugs,
Lola

Barb said...

Will do...

Unknown said...

Will do! Have a great weekend. :)

Kim D. said...

Beautiful block!! It's a lovely story and hope your friends daughter is doing well now. I voted for her. :)

Micki said...

I love the red and the black together...very pretty!
Micki

Selvage Quilter said...

What a sweet story. The link worked fine.

Unknown said...

Oh, Jocelyn, what a moving story, sniff! Makes my heart feel for these kinds of situations. Make the grace of God lift them & completely heal her.

TY for sharing this with me/us.

I love your block colors.

Hope all is well with you & your family, sweet friend.

I just haven't been able to get back my blogging momentum since I was sick ... I know it upset a couple of gals but I'll get there.

Have a great weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs of love, Marydon

Sewn With Grace said...

I was very touched by reading Quilting Comfort and am thankful I got the chance to vote. Thank you for the opportunity!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I haven't started my blocks from last years mystery quilt. I might try one soon.

Mama Spark said...

Love your block. I have that top finished and it really is beautiful! I went and voted for your friend. Hope she wins!!

Cathy said...

What a beautiful story....I definitely voted for her.
Your block is wonderful!!!

Pat said...

Wonderful story, and your block is super. Happy Quilting!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Oh, I so want to learn to quilt. I just can't seem to find the time to learn everything I want to learn.

Thanks for visiting the cottage and entering in the giveaway.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage