Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In the Garden

Isn't there something just so sweet and tender about a rose in your garden?

I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses,


And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.


And he walks with me, and he talks with me, and he tells me I am his own,


And the joy we share as we tarry there,


None other has ever known.
"In the Garden" C. Austin Miles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As we meet and touch, each day,
The many travellers on our way,
Let every such brief contact be
A glorious, helpful ministry;
The contact of the soil and seed,
Each giving to the other's need,
Each helping on the other's best,
And blessing, each, as well as blest.
~ S. Coolidge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12 comments:

Val said...

Beautiful. I spent some time in my vegetable garden and enjoyed it so much. That is where I do my praying and my best thinking. I rearranged a room down there in my garden in my minds eye. Ha!

ctgardengirl said...

Lovely! Beautiful post.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Does that ever bring back memories. I used to sing that hymn in the Church where I grew up.
Lovely.

Crispy said...

Ummm I can almost smell the roses....lovely,

Crispy

Amy Friend said...

Oh, and here I just posted about fertilizing my roses that just started leafing out! I thought that was exciting...now I am very jealous. I have weeks to go for roses up here in New England. They are beautiful.

quilting gran said...

How wonderful! I had to leave my Don Juan roses to come back to Illinois. We are in Port Richey in the winter. I, too, collect sewing machines. Where in FL are you?

AverettLadyNana said...

Beautiful post! Love the pictures of the blooms in your garden!

In regards to my guess what it is giveaway...you won....Dairy Fresh was the brand I had though I normally have Reddi Whip....She and her parents and two younger sisters ate supper with us that night. I had been to Farmer's Market and bought a bunch of strawberries which are so good there this and last week.....We had pound cake, ice-cream, strawberries and canned whipped cream. She wanted some of that spray icecream on her strawberries.

email me your address and I'll get something together and off to you by next week...have them every day this week, hoping their mom will be off Friday and I'll get out and find something then and get it off to you.

Lindsey said...

Very special...great pics.

Micki said...

There is something about walking in the garden. I love it too. The solitude is amazing! Also, I love roses too!
Micki

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Love your roses, I wish I had a green thumb instead of a brown one. Beautiful pictures.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Sand and Sunshine said...

Happy Belated Birthday, your toile sack holder is just perfect!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.