Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Welcome to my cottage


We don't exactly live in a cottage, but in my heart it is. It is the cottage that we bought when we first married. We have raised our three children here. I love the oak floors. We have a large back yard where we have grown vegetables, roses and now a lemon and orange tree. There used to be a tree house in the old large water oak. I could never go up there because it was so high it made me dizzy.

But the memories are rich and full in this little house of mine. Laughter at the dinner table, games at the kitchen table. Children practicing piano and violin. M & M cookies baking in the oven. I used to even brew my own sweet ice tea, a southern tradition.

Welcome to my cottage.

6 comments:

Crafts a la Mode said...

Oh, my goodness. This could have been me writing this post except we had 4 children. Our Cape Cod we bought when our first child was 3 years old and we've been here ever since. My oldest son had a treehouse also WAY UP in the tree. We used to grow vegetables and have always had a flower garden and some roses (no lemon tree, of course living in Connecticut) I did have an indoor little orange tree. But you are so right...the memories are rich and full in this little house. My daughters each took lessons in piano and violin also. My youngest daughter is a violinist by profession right now at 28 years old. Thank you SO MUCH for posting. God bless. Linda

You left a on my selvage blog post. I will definitely be following your blog.

Selvage Quilter said...

I'm enjoying your blog. Keep up the good work.
I thought we'd live in a house that we built 30 years ago, but we have lived in several states since then. That has been good too.
Best wishes to you.
Karen

Molly said...

I like your blog--and your butterfly bag is so nice! Beautiful work and nice choice of fabrics.

KaHolly said...

That's what good names are all about, right?? Yours sounds cozy.

Janet said...

Sounds idyllic. How wonderful that it is now your quilting cottage.

RobynLouise said...

Just visiting from As Sweet as Cinnamon's What's your name? links. Your blog has a very inviting name and it must be because it starts with the word 'happy' :).
Cheers,
Robyn